With Sakai, you’re in good company. Sakai 10 is even better.
A lot of great universities use Sakai.
The Sakai project is the learning environment of choice for 350+ choice colleges and universities around the world. The new Sakai 10 release adds even more possibility to what can be done with Sakai.
Education is a global endeavor. So is Sakai.
Sakai is a truly global solution backed by a truly global community.
The Sakai community spans six continents and 15 countries, with Sakai available in more than 20 languages.
Many institutions. Many faces. Many instructional styles. One Sakai.
Sakai offers tremendous flexibility around look and feel, functionality, capabilities, etc. It can do pretty much whatever you want an LMS to do.
By design, every institution makes Sakai its own. From look-and-feel to feature-function, the versatility is refreshing.
How should technology enrich learning? That’s up to you.
Educators are doing remarkable things with Sakai.
Valencian Internacional University’s award-winning ICT in Education uses Sakai to help educators reimagine what’s possible with technology-enabled learning.
Virginia Tech Sakai Story
Faculty and Institutions Innovate with Sakai tools.
The Pathways to Success program uses Sakai ePortfolio tools in an innovative way to balance large-scale institutional assessment with student-centered pedagogy and curriculum that is rooted within the disciplines.
Sakai 10.0 release contains many improvements. Here are a few:
- Scalability and performance Improvements, including distributed cacheing, providing support for JCache/JSR-107
- Updated Security Improvements
- Two new tools which help with scheduling of events (such as office hours) and delegated access
- IMS LTI 2.0 - first learning system with support for the latest LTI spec. Makes integration with external tools easy.
- Major improvements to Assignments, Test and Quizzes, Gradebook, Syllabus, Lessons (aka LessonBuilder)
- Mobile device support improved through the addition and upgrade of robust APIs.
Current Adopters of Sakai
- Pai-Chai University
- Moody Bible Institute
- Rice University
- Seminole State College of Florida
- Chariho Regional School District
- Loyola University Chicago
- Washington State University, Vancouver
- Urals State University of Economics
- University of Missouri
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Trinity University
- Universitat Politècnica de València
- Australian National University
- Minisink Valley Central School District
- Bell College
- Tufts University
- Oregon Health & Science University
- University of Windsor
- University of Portsmouth
- Fudan University
- Universidad Pública de Navarra
- Applied Educational Research Scheme of Scotland